Message from the Head
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. My newsletter is not quite a picture, but a video – our new brand film that we are pleased to share with you today.
I believe this sums up GES perfectly – a warm, happy and successful school. Please share it widely and let us know what you think. We appreciate your support and your voice as ambassadors of the school.
We have had a wonderful first full week back and the newsletter and various social media posts showcase some of the great things that have been going on – please have a look.
Have a lovely weekend.
From Miss Fortune, Primary Deputy Head
Parking, logistics and keeping your children safe
In the mornings
- A reminder that only Pre-School and Reception parents can park on the courts and the first line of parking on the right.
- All other parents must please wait until you are in the drop-off lane before your children get out of the car.
- This has gone well so far: thank you for helping us have a smooth end to the day.
- We use our newly tarmacked court for sports activities at the end of the day. Please can you ensure that there are no cars on the courts after 15:30 so the children can start their clubs on time. Thank you
At 16:30 after activities
- There is no ‘drive through’ pick up at this time and you are warmly welcome to come and collect your children from the playground.
- Please park in any available space in the car park and come and collect your children from the playground.
School grounds and picnic tables
We realise that our grounds are beautiful but we do use them at the end of the day for clubs and activities. To ensure we know where every child is and to safeguard our site, please can we respectfully ask that:
- Families take their children to the Genthod park or elsewhere at the end of the day and not let them free play in the grounds.
- Families don’t use the picnic tables and benches as meeting spots as these are used by after school clubs and activities which are busy – the leaders need to know which children are in their group.
Thank you for your continued support in helping us to keep everyone safe at school.
From the Sport & PE Department
Golf Academy resuming on Friday 16 Sept
We are delighted to be offering the GES Golf Academy again for the Autumn term to students from Years 5 to 13.
The lessons will be running every Friday from 16:00 – 17:00, starting on Friday 16 Sept until Friday 14 Oct, at Golf de la Vieille-Bâtie (Rte de la Vieille-Bâtie 50, 1239 Collex-Bossy).
Students will need to be transported to the golf club independently where they will meet with Miss Shibil.
Price for the 5 sessions up to half-term is 150 CHF, and registration can be done via My School Portal, under Sport & Extra-curricular, Golf Academy Autumn Term 2022.
Ski camp 2023 - Last chance to register
Last chance to book your space for our GES Ski trip in Crans Montana, Switzerland, from 2 to 7 January 2023 (the last week of the Christmas holiday).
The trip is open to Year 6 & GES Secondary students of all abilities with the choice of skiing, snowboarding or ski touring.
The price for the ski camp is CHF 975.
Registration and payment deposit of CHF 250 (non-refundable) via My School Portal under Sport & Extra-curricular, GES Ski Camp for Year 6 & Secondary (January 2023) by latest Monday 12 September.