Geneva English School
We’re excited your family is about to take the first step in becoming part of the GES community. We’re here to guide you through every step of your application.
Our admissions procedure normally includes the following stages:
|Initial enquiry and registration of a pupil’s details (via our online Enquiry/Application form)|
|Consideration of the application and any supporting documentation|
|A report from the previous school or nursery, where appropriate|
|A visit by the pupil and parents and/or a discussion via telephone or online video call|
|Submission of a completed application form, on receipt of which the child’s name is registered and the application processed (via our online Application form)|
|The offer of a place, or advice should it not be possible to offer a place|
The majority of children join us at the beginning of an academic year. However, vacancies arise at other times and, given the international nature of Geneva, children can be admitted at any time of the year. We maintain a waiting list for year groups that are full.
Apply for our A Level Programme
To join our A Level programme in September 2021, you should make an application between the beginning of June 2020 and the end of February 2021. We are expecting a large demand and so recommend that you apply early.
Applications that arrive later than the deadline of the end of February will be considered, if possible. You should normally be under 17 years old on 31 August 2021.
To complete the online application form, you will need to have available an electronic copy of:
- your passport;
- a 250-word personal statement explaining why you would like to study at GES and outlining your interests and achievements, including hobbies and activities outside school;
- your preference for the subjects you would like to study;
- an indication of your academic performance and the contact details of a referee at your current school.
We will then
- Take up references and ensure that you meet our academic entry requirements.
- Ask you to interview with a member of staff to check your suitability for the course.
- Ask you to sit a written entrance exam.
- We will then confirm offers based on the above.
- Ask you to pay a CHF 1000 deposit to secure your place.
For more details about the 16+ admissions process, or for further advice, please email Lucy Howen, Secondary Office and Admissions Administrator. Email: [email protected]
If you have any questions, need further information, or would like to arrange a visit to GES please make an enquiry or get in touch with our Admissions team. If you are ready to proceed with your application, please follow the apply link below.