Visiting Music Teacher (Classical and Jazz guitar)
GES has a dynamic team of Visiting Music Teachers (VMTs) and the school has in recent years enjoyed a growing culture of learning a musical instrument as well as taking part in the School Ensemble.
We now have an opportunity for an inspiring and experienced cello teacher.
This would initially be for a small number of pupils, but we anticipate the role would grow as the school continues to expand. At GES, we use the Music Teachers Board exam system and our VMTs are all very skilled at guiding their pupils through these exams, should the pupil wish to follow an examination structure.
We keep an open mind in the consideration of any applicant who believes they have something special and valuable to contribute.
- Official independent worker status with liability insurance
- Experience of teaching classical and jazz guitar at a school and proven professional experience as a guitarist
- A patient, inspiring and kind teaching style
- A good level of proficiency in English
- The ability to work as part of a collaborative team of VMTs and to support our GES recitals
How to apply
A brief covering letter and/or curriculum vitae may also be submitted but will not be accepted in place of a completed application form.
We will advise chosen candidates of interview dates.
Geneva English School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo vetting and child protection checks appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and appropriate prohibition and criminal records checks.